the kamui niseko concept
”Kamui" is the word of the indigenous Ainu people. The Ainu people cherish the idea that some kind of divinity exists in everything around their lives, such as animals, plants, mountains, rivers, and even natural phenomenons like snow and rain.
We named “the kamui niseko” in hoping that every visitor can spend peaceful time in the majestic natural environment of Niseko.
The architectural design of the kamui niseko is strongly influenced by the surrounding environment. By using the same colors for the materials as the snow and trees, the building blends nicely with the unique tranquility of the Annupuri area. The shape of the building is designed to overlook the spectacular view from each room including the bedrooms, and the large floor-to-ceiling windows also provide a magnificent views of Mt. Yotei or Mt. Konbudake. Each dwelling is also furnished with a private balcony, mainly for summer use.
The interior of the kamui niseko creates a comfortable space that blends with the majestic scenery of the Annupuri. We have used a lot of harmonious natural materials such as wooden flooring in the living and dining rooms, and wooden panels on the walls. The sophisticated furniture is all in natural colors to provide a relaxed atmosphere, creating a warm and liberating space in which to entertain guests. The luxurious, private rooms in the kamui niseko are perfectly matched with the natural beauty of the Annupuri.
key building features
- fullheight glazing designed to maximize views and natural light
- fully air conditioned to cater for the summer season
- intercom and video security system for each unit
- separate access to ski storage area
- dedicated ski storage for each unit
- reception area with concierge service
- reception area with mini lounge for relaxation
- restaurant for residents and guests
- additional basement storage
- dual key entry and connecting door system for 1f apartment + studio